Bellingham Pickleball Club (BPC) manages all club-hosted Open Play and Skill Development sessions via the Spond app. These sessions are for BPC members only. Once you have asked to join a skill level group on Spond and have been accepted (up to 24 hour turnaround), you will be able to see and register for all events for that level on Spond.
How to sign up for BPC Skill Level Sessions
- Download the Spond app to your phone, tablet or computer, and create your account with a unique email address.
- Use Contact Us to request the Bellingham Pickleball Club (BPC) group codes.
- Select the group code that is appropriate for your self-assessed skill level. Rate yourself using these guidelines.
- Open your Spond app. In the “Groups” tab (people icon at the bottom), press ”Enter code” near the bottom right corner and follow the instructions to send a request to be admitted to your skill level group. (Group codes must be entered in the app, not on the web. If you cannot use the app, Contact Us.)
- Wait for the Group admin to accept your request. Once the request is accepted (may take up to 24 hours), you will receive a notification in the app and can access the group. You will then be able to see all the events in the group and respond to event invitations.
- To receive notifications of upcoming events via email, make sure Push Notifications is on. To do this, click on your picture or initials at the top left corner, select Push Notifications and set parameters as you would like.
- Respond to the weekly event invitation on Spond to secure your spots each week for Open Play and Skill Development sessio
How to leave a BPC Skill Level Group
We encourage our members to be a part of one skill level group on Spond.
If you’re transitioning to a higher level, you may remain in your original Spond skill level group for a time, while joining and testing out the next skill level group. However, we encourage you to leave the lower level group once you are comfortable doing so.
How to leave a group on Spond
- Open the Spond app on your phone, tablet or computer.
- Click Groups (people icon at the bottom).
- Click on the Group you want to leave.
- Click on the 3 dots (…) to the right of Subgroups (it’s about 1/4 down from the top of the screen).
- Click “Leave Group” at the bottom of the page.
- Click “Yes, I want to leave“.
Hints for utilizing Spond
Registering for a Session
- Sessions are available for registration 4-7 days prior to the event’s scheduled time.
- Always RSVP with an √Attend or ×Decline.
- If you need to cancel an event for which you have RSVP’ed, go to the event and click ×Decline. When you ×Decline attendance, the member next in line √On waiting list will automatically get invited. If you do not do this, someone will potentially miss out on attending the session.
- If you are √On waiting list, check back often to see if you have a spot in the event.
- You MUST √Attend or ×Decline your spot in the session from the waitlist. The system holds your spot until you respond. If you respond with ×Decline , then the next person √On waiting list is offered the spot.
Messaging in Spond
- Messaging in Spond can be overwhelming. Please be selective in who you are sending messages to.
- You can message individuals directly through Spond. To view an individual’s contact info, click on the group they are in, click on members, then click on the individual’s name to access the contact information that they have made available. You can contact them directly with this information.
- Comments on a specific event go to all the members of that skill level group. If you have a question about a specific event, please send a message to the Host.
- If you have a more general question about Spond or Open Play or Skill Development, please Contact Us.